Thursday 10 May 2012

Question 7

7, Looking back at your preliminary task (the school magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?




After creating my school magazine, my skills on Photoshop grew rapidly, therefore i had better knowledge of the software and could use more tools on my music magazine because i had a much better understanding of what the tools did. I learnt how to brush out the background making it all white, which i didnt know how to do when i produced my school magazine. I also learnt how to airbrush photos, which meant i could use this on my music magazine to give the model a 'perfect' complexion. By using the brush tool i managed to make the area around the image look smooth and blended in, whereas when i produced my school magazine i only knew how to use the select tool to go around the image and change the background, this looked less professionally and it was very obvious that i had edited it. I leant how to use layers better and the positioning of my fonts varies on my music magazine whereas on my music magazine the positioning is very basic as my ability to be more creative was not there as i had not had much experience on Photoshop.

Overall i feel that i have improved dramatically on my skills using the software. All of the aspects of my music magazine are a lot better than that of my school magazine. Taking the time to get used to Photoshop and practising on it made me find the music magazine a lot easier to produce and because i had wider knowledge of the software i took more pride in my work, as there were so many new tools that i could use to make the magazine look exactly how i wanted it to look. I believe that my music magazine is considerable more appealing to consumers as it is a lot more attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment